Do I have to wear a swimming cap when going to the swimming pool? Will it be harmful to my body if I don't wear it?
To be honest, there are bald who do not wear swimming caps in swimming competitions. But guess what? Even if you shave your head, the lifeguard will still remind you to wear a swimming cap when you go to the swimming pool, so the swim cap is one of the indispensable tools for swimmers.
In addition, the swimming cap has the following functions:
The first is to keep the swimming pool hygienic. The swimming cap can prevent hair loss or shed fur from contaminating the pool water, making the swimming pool more hygienic, and ensuring that your hands will not get caught by the shedding hair when swimming. The second is to protect our hair and reduce the damage of the pool water to the hair because if the hair is in contact with the pool water too much, the pool water will damage the hair and the color will turn. Another is to reduce the resistance when swimming: the resistance of the hair is great, and most girls have long hair, the resistance is even greater, so wearing a swimming cap can effectively improve. Then there is the improvement of swimming safety: most of the swimming caps are brightly colored, which is convenient when swimmers drowning for the lifeguards on the shore to find easily. And in winter, it can play a good role in head insulation and cold protection, or it can as a team logo when swimming in groups, etc.
In general, wearing a swimming cap when swimming is a basic piece of equipment and basic courtesy.
So how should a swimming cap be worn? Before wearing, put your hair up, then spread the swimming cap with both hands, gently put on the swimming cap, and then arrange the hair that exposes the swimming cap until the swimming cap covers most of the hair.
I have a few tips for anyone interested in swimming.
1. Good-quality silicone swim caps have better water resistance and may be tighter to wear, while poor-quality silicone swim caps are looser but more permeable to water.
2. I would recommend wetting the hair before going into the pool and then wearing the cap, it is easier to wear, and the hair is also easier to gather into the cap, and it can also increase the friction between the hair and the swim cap.
3. After shampooing, if you have the habit of using conditioner to protect your hair, It can form a protective film between the hair and the pool. If with a swim cap, which is double-layer protection！
4. When the swim cap has been used for a long time, it is easy to get dirt on the surface. You can use a soft cloth dampened with detergent to gently rub and wash. If the dirt is thick, be patient and rub for some more time.
5. If the hair is soaked in the pool containing disinfectant for a long time, the delicate scalp will be damaged, the dyed hair will fade easily, and the normal black hair will easily turn yellow, sometimes abnormal hair loss will occur. so a swim cap that separates the pool from the scalp is necessary.
Each time finish swimming, be sure to rinse the swimming cap with warm water and dry it in a cool place. Do not expose it to the sun, which can prevent the swimming cap from growing mildew. When storing, prevent sharp objects from scratching the swimming cap, do not squeeze the swimming cap, try to let it stretch naturally.